With spring just around the corner, bring a vibrant touch of color to your space–and get a bit more organized in the process! These sweet stenciled tiled magnets can be made in a flash, and they are the perfect way to keep papers, photos and mementos stylishly neat and tidy on your refrigerator, in your office, or just about in anywhere at all. Let me show you how to make a set of your own!
For this project, you will need…
- Small ceramic tiles (can be purchased in home improvement stores)
- Disc magnets
- Multi-surface acrylic craft paint (I used Martha Stewart satin acrylic craft paint in Blue Calico)
- Martha Stewart Fair Isle Dots adhesive stencils
- Small foam pouncers
- Heavy-duty adhesive (such as E-6000)
- Adhere the stencils to the ceramic tiles. Use the foam pouncers and acrylic paint to embellish the tiles as desired. Allow paint to dry completely.
- For a permanent finish, oven cure the tiles according to the paint package instructions. (Alternatively, air cure for 21 days.)
- Affix a magnet to the back of each tile with the heavy-duty adhesive. Allow to dry for 24 hours before use.
You are finished!
Packaged in a pretty gift bag (such as these drawstring fabric gift bags), a set of these make a thoughtful and practical gift.
In the market for even more quick-and-easy craft inspiration? Check out these other great projects!