Sometimes it’s the simplest tips that can make life easier, and today I’ve rounded up some of my favorite useful household tips to pass along to you. With kitchen ideas, organizational tips, cleaning tips and more, this is a list that is sure to give you some “Eureka!” moments. Read on for the full round-up.
1. Run the cut end of an avocado under cool water to prevent browning. via Positively Splendid on Instagram
2. Store trash bags on a roll under the sink to keep them accessible. Visit Simply Organized for the how-to.
3. Wrap gifts with a pocket for holding the card. Visit Martha Stewart for instructions.
4. Make a faucet extender to help little children reach to wash their hands. Get the DIY details at Cheerios and Lattes.
5. Store spools of ribbon and washi tape on tiered pant hangers. via Positively Splendid on Instagram
6. Eliminate the hassle of keeping toddler shoes tied with DIY elastic shoelaces. Find the full tutorial at Sew Can Do.
7. Remove crayon marks from walls with baking soda. Read about it at Make it Do.
8. Organize measuring cups and spoons inside cabinet doors. Find this brilliant DIY at Infarrantly Creative.
9. Use empty toilet paper tubes to tame rolls of wrapping paper. Find the details at Real Simple.
10. Use aluminum foil instead of dryer sheets. Find out how at The Creek Line House.
11. Store skeins of yarn in and empty baby wipe container. Check out the details at Real Simple.
12. Make all-natural goo-gone to remove stubborn stickers. Check out the 2-ingredient recipe at No. 2 Pencil.
13. When using piping bags for frosting, tuck them into a glass to make filling them easier. via Positively Splendid on Instagram
14. Remove unsightly marks from white plates with one simple trick. Find out how at Outnumbered.
Wanting even more inspiration for making life a little easier? Don’t miss these other round-ups of helpful tips!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.