One of my favorite parts about the holidays is planning and preparing festive meals for friends and family. I love to set a festive holiday table that is inviting for our guests, and the cutlery stockings I’m sharing today are a terrific way to add some fun to any place setting! These are also perfect […]
Archive | Sewn Accessories RSS feed for this section
With holiday gift-giving time just around the corner, now is the time to craft thoughtful handmade gifts. Travel jewelry cases would make a terrific gift for any of the ladies on your list, and with my complete step-by-step tutorial and free PDF pattern, they can be stitched in no time! These would be a perfect […]
Give kids an oh-so-sweet way to collect candy this Halloween during trick-or-treating with a personalized candy corn tote bag. Even if you are new to sewing, this is a project this is entirely doable in the span of an afternoon (or less!). Let me show you how easily this comes together. (more…)
If you are on the prowl for a way to keep purses, backpacks and more nice and organized, you won’t want to miss today’s sewing tutorial from PS contributor Megan. These see-through zipper pouches are a great organization project that can be used for any number of purposes, and you’ll be shocked when you see […]
This post is brought to you by Michaels. // Earlier this week, I shared about 7 of my favorite time-saving sewing tips and tricks, which included at the number 1 spot the recommendation to use pattern weights instead of pins when cutting out sewing projects. These truly are a sewist’s best friend when it comes […]
With Memorial Day festivities this weekend, it is likely you’ll be donning your favorite sunglasses as you head out into the great outdoors. Ensure your shades stay scratch-free all summer long by making a pretty sunglasses case to tuck into your pool bag or purse using this quick and easy tutorial. This sunglasses case features […]
Being a southern girl, there are few things I love more than to punch up an outfit with a feminine, flirty accessory. This lace-embellished tote bag features delicate lace and a bold monogram: the perfect combination of sweetness and sass! By using a pre-made tote bag, this is a fun DIY accessory project that you […]
What could be more festive for spring than bright and cheery Easter baskets filled with plenty of goodies? Today I’m sharing a deceptively simple pattern for fabric Easter baskets that requires minimal supplies and only very basic sewing skills. When you see how truly easy it is to make and Easter basket with this pattern, […]
Accessories truly can make an outfit, and this simple clutch-style handbag is no exception. This wristlet clutch handbag can easily be completed in the span of an afternoon, and it is the perfect way to use up scraps of fabric you might have on hand. When you see how easily these come together, you’ll want […]
I am always on the hunt for out-of-the-ordinary gift ideas to serve as stocking-stuffers for family members, or unique gifts for teachers, friends, and neighbors. These Portable First-Aid Kit Rolls are the perfect combination of function and style, as essential first-aid supplies are stowed away in an attractive fabric organizer, complete with a feminine bow. […]
Never miss a great idea!
Subscribe for free to have PS delivered straight to your inbox.
- Craft Storage Center from an Old Hutch! May 26, 2016
- Strawberry Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze #HugtheMess May 3, 2016
- Cream Cheese Strawberry Banana Bread May 17, 2016
- Pop Party Favor Idea with Free Printables #MichaelsMakers June 1, 2016
- How to Make a Burlap Wreath June 7, 2016
- Perler Bead Backpack Tags #MichaelsMakers July 1, 2016
- DIY Barnwood Crate Flower Centerpiece #plaidcreators June 21, 2016
- DIY Patriotic Wreath June 14, 2016
- DIY Photo Magnets + Printable Gift Tags June 9, 2016
- How to Make a Burlap Wreath June 7, 2016
- Crystal: OMG!!! I love this!!! So super cute and so organiz...
- Mary: Your dad is painting with the angels now. The nex...
- Farida: Your words are so beautiful! Your dad would be pro...
- Amy @ Positively Splendid: Thanks so much for stopping in!...
- Amy @ Positively Splendid: It really works wonders on those hard water stains...