This Apple Praline Bread recipe is one of our family’s all-time favorites. This bread exudes all of the coziness of fall, with a spicy, apple-studded crumb and a decadent pecan praline topping. This is a perfect recipe to prepare to enjoy as a family on a lazy weekend morning, but it is also a fabulous recipe to make and share with someone (think of teachers, co-workers, neighbors and friends) to show them how much you care! Continue reading to grab this yummy fall quick bread recipe to add to your recipe box.
- 1½ cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups finely chopped, peeled gala apples
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread ½ cup of the chopped pecans in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Place in oven and toast for 5-6 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring halfway through to prevent scorching. Set pecans aside.
- Beat together the sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed just until blended. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and next 4 ingredients, whisking to blend. Add to the sour cream mixture in 3 additions, stirring just to combine after each addition. Stir in chopped apple and ½ cup toasted pecans.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup chopped pecans, and press the pecans gently into the batter.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Shield the loaf with aluminum foil for the final 15 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on wire rack.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for about 3 minutes, stirring after each minute of cooking, until the sugar is melted. Spoon the mixture over the loaf and allow to cool completely.
Overall, I honestly have to say this apple praline bread is just as good for dessert as it is with a warm cup of coffee or tea on a cool fall morning! The decadent praline glaze is one of the very best parts of this recipe!
Some helpful tools I recommend for making this apple praline bread (list contains affiliate links):
- 9×5″ glass loaf pan
- Apple peeler/slicer/corer
- Pyrex liquid measuring cup set
- Stainless steel measuring cups and spoons
Thanks so much for stopping in!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.