Something about fall makes me love rustic, rich home decor, I think because the season really makes me want to add plenty of character and texture to my home. If you love the look of barnwood, you’re sure to love the simple fall decor project I’m sharing today. This barnwood fall sign is perfect for displaying in an entryway, on a front porch, or any place in your home where you would like to make a big fall statement!
For this project, you will need…
- Ready-made 10.5-inch barnwood letters (affiliate link): F, A, and two L’s
- (14) 20mm Screw Eye Hooks
- Round Curb Chain – 58 links
- Jewelry Pliers
- 2.5-inch Burlap Ribbon
- Floral Wire
To begin, line up each of the four letters on a very large, flat surface. Screw two of the eye hooks into the lowermost horizontal line of the F, as shown. Screw two corresponding eye hooks along the top edge of the A, making sure these hooks are the same distance apart as those you inserted into the F.
Continue screwing in eye hooks into each of the subsequent letter, using the following as your placement guide:
- Screw two eye hooks 3″ apart on either side of the bottom left edge of the letter A. Screw two corresponding eye hooks 3″ apart into the top edge of one of the letter L pieces.
- Insert two eye hooks that are 3″ apart on the bottom edge of the L letter piece from the precious step, positioning the first of the hooks about 1.5″ from the left of the piece. Finally, insert two corresponding eye hooks into the top edge of the remaining L piece, making sure these screws are 3″ apart.
Use pliers to separate off a 2 sections of chain that are 11 links long. Attach these lengths of chain to the hooks in the letter F piece, as shown.
Connect the opposite ends of these chain pieces to the corresponding hooks in the letter A piece.
Now, separate 4 sections of chain that are 3 lengths long. Using the pliers, use these lengths to connect the remaining letters in a similar fashion.
Screw the 2 remaining eye hooks into the top edge of the letter F so that each hook is 2″ from its corresponding outside edge. Separate one remaining section of chain that is 24 lengths long, and use pliers to affix the length of chain to these hooks to form a hanger.
Create a bow with the burlap ribbon, and affix it to the top of the chain hanger with floral wire.
Your barnwood fall sign is complete!
A sign like this could be made for just about any season, or even to display a child’s name or monogram. There are so many fun possibilities!
Thanks so much for stopping in. Don’t miss these other terrific fall decor projects to get your home spruced up for the season!