Dense, moist, and brimming with rich chocolate flavor, this might very well be the world’s best chocolate Bundt cake recipe. The secret? Milk Way bars! Served with a heaping dollop of vanilla ice cream, this spectacular (and surprisingly easy!) dessert is sure to wow guests at your holiday gatherings.
World's Best Chocolate Cake
- 9 full-sized Milky Way bars chopped and divided
- 1 cup butter diced
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the chopped Milky Way bars to use as a garnish. In large microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining chopped Milky Way bars, butter, and chocolate syrup. Microwave at full power in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, about 2 minutes total. Whisk until smooth. Pour mixture into the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Add sugar, and mix well at medium speed. Add the eggs, beating just until blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Combine the buttermilk and vanilla extract. Add the flour and buttermilk alternately in 2 additions each, beginning and ending with flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour batter into Bundt pan. Bake 1 hour and 20-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes before inverting onto wire rack to cool completely. Before serving, dust with powdered sugar and top with reserved Milky Way pieces.
Really, is there anything better than chocolate cake?
The Milky Way bars impart a richness to this cake that will have you clamoring for just one more slice.
Wanting even more holiday-worthy recipe inspiration? Check out these show-stoppers from the PS archives!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.