I’ve teamed up with Skinner® Pasta to share this delicious recipe with you today. All opinions are entirely my own.
There are few recipes I love to make more than cozy baked pasta dishes, and this Creamy Green Chile Chicken Baked Pasta is one that my entire family loves! This recipe is perfect for making ahead to take along to gatherings and potlucks, and it is one of my go-to recipes to prepare when taking dinner to friends in need. Continue reading to grab this yummy baked pasta recipe to add to your menu lineup!
Being a native New Mexican who has since become a Texas transplant, I am so proud of both of those states I’ve called home over the years. I grew up eating Skinner® Pasta, and I love to prepare it now for my own family. It’s budget-friendly and tastes great. Every package of Skinner pasta comes with precise and helpful cooking directions, which means I can rest assured my pasta dishes will always turn out just right.
For this recipe, I like to use the fun Texas Shape Pasta from Skinner. Not only does it taste delicious, but it is always a crowd-pleaser when entertaining at home or taking along to share with friends! Skinner also has a huge variety of other pastas that work well for this recipe. Their Penne Rigate is a great option, and their Linguine works beautifully in this dish, too. The choice really is up to you.
It is great that the ingredients and prep for this dish are super easy and totally manageable even on a busy weeknight, and the end result is special enough to serve to company. This is a terrific make-ahead baked pasta recipe to prepare for company during the holidays!
- 12 ounces Skinner Texas Shape Pasta, Penne Rigate, or Linguine (if using Linguine, break pasta in half before cooking)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces chopped green chile
- 14.5 ounce can Italian diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Prepare the Skinner Pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Remove the pan from the heat and pour onion mixture into a very large bowl.
- Add the green chile and next 4 ingredients to the onion mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13" pan, and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove the foil cover, top with the mozzarella, and bake 10 minutes more, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
By the way: My favorite chopped cooked chicken is absolutely perfect for making to use in this recipe!
This post was brought to you by Skinner® Pasta. All opinions are entirely my own.
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.