Quick to make and fun to wear, these medallion necklaces are a great kids’ craft idea to make on a lazy afternoon, at a birthday party, or in the classroom. Featuring just a few readily available supplies, this is a craft suitable for kids of all ages, as it allows them to put their own spin on a piece they can wear to show off their creativity! Let me fill you in on all the details for how these come together.
For this project, you will need…
- Wood shape (approximately 2-3″ in size)
- Adhesive gems
- Strong hole punch (I recommend the Crop-A-Dile*) *Affiliate link
- Use the hole punch to punch a hole at the top center of the wood shape.
- Use the scissors to cut a piece of twine that is 30″ long. Thread the twine through the hole in the wood shape.
- Use markers, gems and sequins to decorate the wooden medallion as desired.
- Thread assorted beads onto the twine.
- To wear, tie with a bow around the neck.
These would be a terrific activity to make in any group setting: the classroom, VBS, or even birthday parties!
I love that kids can add their own creative personalities to these by incorporating different embellishments. This is a great craft idea for boys and girls alike!
Looking for even more craft ideas to make with little ones? Be sure to check out all of the kids’ crafts in the PS archives!
Thanks for stopping in!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.
Thanks for sharing your heart. I have been inspired to share my journey wIth Huntingtons Disease.