Add a festive touch of red, white and blue to your home this summer by crafting this patriotic stars and stripes wreath. A whimsical take on the American flag, this wreath features red ribbon stripes and a spray of white stars on a navy grosgrain bow. This wreath makes such a statement, you’ll never believe how easy it is to make!
For this project, you will need…
- Grapevine wreath
- 3 yards of 2″ red grosgrain ribbon
- 2 yards of 2.5″ navy grosgrain ribbon
- 2 yards of wired burlap ribbon
- 20-25 small wood star cutouts
- White spray paint
- Hot glue
- Spray paint the wood stars and allow them to dry completely.
- Wrap the red ribbon around the perimeter of the wreath, securing with hot glue as you go.
- Create a large bow with the wired burlap ribbon, leaving two long tails. Affix the bow to the wreath with hot glue.
- Tie a bow with the navy grosgrain ribbon, leaving two long tails. Use hot glue to affix the painted stars to the tails in a random pattern. Affix an additional star to the center of the bow, and then affix the bow to the wreath with hot glue, positioning it on top of the burlap bow.
Your patriotic stars and stripes wreath is complete!
I love how the white stars pop against the bold blue ribbon…
…and the wrapped red ribbon mimics the stripes on the American flag.
I can’t wait to display this wreath all summer long!
Wanting even more patriotic project inspiration? Don’t miss these other fun ideas!
Thanks so much for stopping in!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.