When it comes to desserts, peach recipes are some of my very favorites. There is something so irresistible about the tart-sweet flavor of peaches, don’t you think? These delicious Peaches and Cream Bars combine delicious peach flavor with a tangy cream cheese filling and a cinnamon-streusel topping. And because these bars have a crescent roll crust, there is a salty-sweet element to these that just can’t be beat!
Why You’ll Love Peaches and Cream Bars
These Peaches and Cream Bars have four delicious layers: A crescent roll crust base is topped with a tangy cream cheese layer and peach pie filling, and then finished off with a buttery cinnamon streusel topping. These bars cover just about every flavor base you can imagine: sweet, tangy, salty and buttery. Talk about a show-stopping combination!
I don’t think I’ve ever met a dessert recipe with a cream cheese filling that I didn’t like. The cream cheese layer in these bars is sweetened with just the right amount of sugar and kicked up a notch with just a touch of almond extract. Combining the brightness of the cream cheese filling with the other layers gives these Peaches and Cream Bars just the right salty-sweet balance. And if you are feeling particularly decadent, these bars are made even better with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream!
Peaches and Cream Bar Ingredients
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Almond extract
- Peach pie filling
- Brown Sugar
- Sliced almonds
How to Make Peaches and Cream Bars
This Peaches and Cream Bar recipe is broken down into four parts:
- Preparing/baking the crust
- Preparing the cream cheese filling
- Preparing the streusel topping
- Layering all of the ingredients and baking to perfection
First, spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Unroll an 8-ounce container of crescent rolls and press the dough into the bottom and about 1/2″ up the sides of the pan. Make sure to pinch all of the seams of the dough together to form a uniform crust. Place the dish in a 375-degree oven and bake for 5 minutes, then let it cool on a wire rack while you prepare the other layers.
In a large bowl, prepare the cream cheese filling by beating 8 ounces of softened cream cheese with sugar, almond extract, and a pinch of salt. The mixture will be nice and creamy.
For the streusel layer, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and a dash of salt in a medium bowl, and then cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in sliced almonds.
Assemble the bars by spreading the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Top that with canned peach pie filling.
Top everything off with the cinnamon streusel layer and the bake for about 25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
How to Serve Peaches and Cream Bars
Cut the bars into 12 even squares. They are delicious on their own, but they also pair perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
How to Store Peaches and Cream Bars
Because of the cream cheese, these bars should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. That is, if you have any leftovers to store!
Peaches and Cream Bar Recipe Variations
- Cherries and Cream Bars: Swap out the peach pie filling with cherry pie filling.
- Strawberries and Cream Bars: Swap out the peach pie filling with strawberry pie filling. In the cream cheese filling, substitute the almond extract with vanilla extract.
- Blueberries and Cream Bars: Swap out the peach pie filling with a can of blueberry pie filling. In the cream cheese filling, substitute the almond extract with vanilla extract and add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest. Prepare the streusel topping with pecans instead of almonds.
If you love bar recipes like this one, make sure to also check out my Pecan Cheesecake Squares.
And if you want another delicious peach recipe to try, my Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler is a family favorite!
Peaches and Cream Bars
- 8 ounce can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 21 oz. can peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cold unsalted butter cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9.x13" glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Unroll the crescent rolls and press the dough into the bottom and about 1/2" up the sides of the pan. Make sure to pinch all of the seams of the dough together to form a uniform crust. Bake for 5 minutes, then set the pan aside to cool on a wire rack while you prepare the other layers.
- In a large bowl, prepare the cream cheese filling. Beat the softened cream cheese with the granulated sugar, almond extract, and a 1/8 teaspoon salt salt until smooth and creamy. Set mixture aside.
- For the streusel layer, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in sliced almonds.
- Assemble the bars by spreading the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Top that with canned peach pie filling. Sprinkle the cinnamon streusel topping over the other layers.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.