Friends, today I am sharing what might possibly be the world’s most perfect, decadent cookie recipe. These peanut butter toffee turtle cookies have it all: a luscious peanut butter cookie layer studded with chocolate chips and bits of toffee, crowned with creamy caramel and a drizzle of dark chocolate. To say these are delicious just don’t do them justice! You simply must give these a try, so read on to grab the recipe.
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 2/3 cup toffee bits
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15 caramels
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat first 4 ingredients in an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add egg, beating just until incorporated. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, and add to the peanut butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Add 2 tablespoons milk, and mix at medium speed until mixture is smooth. (An additional tablespoon of milk might be needed to achieve a smooth batter depending upon factors like humidity, etc.) Stir in the toffee and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten each ball out slightly by hand. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Cool slightly on baking sheets before removing cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels and 2 tablespoons of the cream. Microwave on high in 1-minute intervals, stirring after each interval, until the caramel is melted and cream is incorporated. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon cream. Spoon the caramel mixture evenly over the center of the cooled cookies.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the melting wafers according to the package directions. Use a spoon to drizzle melted chocolate over cookies.
- I recommend Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers for this recipe.
Helpful tip: I have discovered that these Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers (affiliate link) are the absolute best thing to use for drizzling and dipping. (I also used them in my Fours Candy Recipe that is linked below.) They don’t scorch and separate when heated like typical chocolate can.
Wouldn’t these be absolutely gorgeous packaged up and given as gifts? Of course, you must save at least one (or a few…) to enjoy yourself!
Looking for more delicious recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth? Don’t miss these other yummy treats!
Thanks so much for stopping in!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.