Crock pot recipes are a huge helper on busy weeknights! These Slow Cooker Taco Bowls are my family’s all-time favorite Crock Pot recipe. This pork and pinto bean filling is perfect for pairing with fresh lettuce in a crisp taco bowl and then topping with yummy favorites like sour cream, avocados, salsa and cheese. I not only love that this is a healthy dinner idea my entire family loves to eat, but also that it can be prepped in my Crock Pot, which helps me tame our crazy schedule so we can sit down to eat dinner together as a family! Continue reading to grab this delicious slow cooker recipe to add to your arsenal.
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1lb dried pinto beans
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel
- Spray the bowl of a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. Rinse and sort the beans according to the package directions; place in the slow cooker. Add roast and next 5 ingredients. Pour chicken broth over roast.
- Cover and cook on high 6 hours. Pull roast into large chunks using 2 forks. Stir in Rotel. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 hour more, or until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Serve in taco bowls with your desired toppings: lettuce, green onion, shredded cheese, salsa, avocado, sour cream, etc.
In addition to serving this filling in tortilla bowls, it is also perfect for making quesadillas, burritos and more.
Our favorite toppings for these slow cooker taco bowls are fresh avocado, grated cheese, chopped green onions, fresh tomatoes, and plain Greek yogurt, but you can top them with anything you choose. This is a great recipe to prepare for a crowd so people can mix and match the toppings to their liking!
Tip for Making Great Slow Cooker Taco Bowls:
I highly recommend investing in a set of tortilla shell makers before preparing this recipe! These pans allow you to turn regular burrito-sized tortillas into crispy bowls–without frying!
I’m sharing this post with you today as a party of the fun Slow Cooker Spooctacular event hosted by the super talented girls from Simple Simon and Co.! All month long, they’ve been sharing some great recipes and Crock Pot tips, including a great guide with super helpful slow cooker tips.
AND, as a part of the event, there is a darling slow cooker up for grabs! I hope one of my lucky readers wins!! Good luck!