October 27, 2011
Halloween Treat Boxes (Swell Noel #18)
With Halloween right around the corner, Kim from Today’s Creative Blog is here today to share a project that reminds us to take time out of our Christmas prep to celebrate the spookiest day of the year! Take it away, Kim!
Hi all, I’m Kim from Today’s Creative Blog!
While Amy is enjoying a bit of family time with her new baby, she asked me if I would guest post for her. I am usually so pressed for time that I normally turn down such requests………but have you met Amy? Seriously………..you could not find a sweeter person…….and she’s pretty……..and I could just hear her asking me in her slight southern drawl. AND she was having a baby………HOW could I possibly say no?
(Wow – thanks, Kim!!)
Swell Noel may sound Christmasy to you, but I’m still on Halloween. I just can’t be like the department stores and skip ahead to holidays.
I’ve received a special die from a special company that will be released to you on Black Friday…..but shhhh, it’s just a little sneak peek. These were mixed with a few my favorites and so versatile.
Halloween Treat Box
I love the little bakery boxes and thought what cute little Halloween favors they would be for a few of my favorite little goblins.
I kept them simple, because who am I fooling? You know they’ll just rip them open to see what’s inside. I doubt anyone will take them home and place them next to their soccer trophies. I’ll be ok. It’s the moment that matters. Hopefully their parents will see it first and think I’m the coolest house on the block.
I’m planning on stuffing chocolate gold coins in side…..and if they’re aren’t as impressed as I am, I’ll also hand them a snickers. If you head over to TCB on NOV 15th, you’ll get a special discount code.
I can’t wait to do a few of these for Christmas too. They were so easy to put together.
Thank you Amy for having me.
Kim in the owner and editor of Today’s Creative Blog, where she features a creative blog almost daily. TCB was ranked #5 in Babble.com “Overall Best Craft Mom Blog”
Need inspiration? Head on over.
Who doesn’t love Kim and her blog? And aren’t her treat boxes darling? I don’t think there is any doubt that she will be the coolest mom on the block this year.
Love this post? Let's keep in touch!
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- DIY Fabric Phone Charging Station June 4, 2014
- 20 Fun, Free Road Trip Printables #HPFamilyTime June 7, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- How to Make Barefoot Sandals (Kids’ Craft Idea) July 21, 2014
- DIY Ladder Photo Display #3MDIY July 17, 2014
- Burlap and Cork Monogram Craft #MichaelsMakers July 15, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Decoden Sea Shell Ornaments July 9, 2014
- Michelle: I am so sorry I missed this...will you all be doin...
- Crystal: What a great idea!! I love how easy it is to chang...
- Crystal: I wish I knew how to sew because I would come up t...
- Natasha J: my husband just said today he wanted to disply fam...
- Heather Haugen: I always have a ton of pictures of my kids I want ...