April 2, 2012

Donut Bunny Pops (Easter Creative Carousel!)

If you’re on the hunt for a last-minute Easter treat that will delight little ones of all ages, these donut bunny pops might just be the ticket. What I love most about these donut pops is that they use as their foundation a ready-made, readily available ingredient (store-bought mini donuts) and they allow you to turn them into something truly special. These are my cheater’s version of the cake pops that are so popular right now!
These doughnut bunny pops are so perfect for Easter! Cute!
Ready to see how to put some of these pops together? Let’s get started!
You will need…

• Powdered Sugar Mini Donuts
  • Jet-Puffed Stacker Marshmallows (I purchased mine at Walmart)
  • Bunny Cookie Cutter
  • Toothpicks
  • Milk
  • Red Food Coloring
  • Q-tips or Small Brush
  • Lollipop Sticks
  • White Chocolate Chips or Almond Bark
  • Piping Bags or Regular Zip-Top Bags
  • Small, Round Pink Candies
  • Ribbon

To begin, cut ear shapes from your marshmallows using your cookie cutter, as shown. These StackerMallows work perfectly for this, as they are already flattened out for you, making this step a breeze!

You will need two ears for each bunny pop you are making.

Carefully insert a toothpick through the bottom of each ear, as shown. Note: If you are making the pops for very small children, I would recommend using the flat variety of toothpicks rather than the really pointy ones I used here.

Mix about 2 tablespoons of milk with 2-3 drops of food coloring, until you achieve a color that is your desired level of “pinkness.”

Now, use a Q-tip (or a small brush) to paint a nice, pink center on each ear, as shown. Allow your milk “paint” to dry completely.

While your ears are drying, melt 1/4-1/2 cup of white chocolate chips (the amount needed will depend on the number of pops you are making) in a microwave-safe bowl at 50% power, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, for about 1-1/2 minutes total.

Dip you lollipops stick in your melted chocolate, and insert a stick through the bottom center of each donut.

Pour a bit of the melted chocolate into a piping bag (or a zip-top bag), and pipe a small amount at the center of each donut, as shown. Use this as the glue to adhere a pink candy nose to each pop.

Finally, insert your ears on the top of each pop, as shown. Finish your pops with a ribbon bow-tie, if desired.

All finished!

No one will ever guess how easy these little guys are to put together. These are a marvelous project to commission the help of little hands!

The ears are my favorite part. :)

If you enjoyed this idea, I would love for you to add it to Pinterest! Do so easily by clicking on the link below.

***
Be sure to check out all of the other darling projects featured in this month’s fun Easter-themed Creative Carousel lineup!

1 – Donut Bunny Pops by me!  :)
2  - Easter Gift Tags @ Lil Luna
3 – Easter and Spring Decor Slats @ Every Creative Endeavor
4 – Trash-to-Treasure Easter Egg Decoration @ Creations by Kara
5 – Easter “Cheeps” @ Lolly Jane

And a huge THANK YOU to our sponsors for making this round of the Creative Carousel possible!

Be sure to head over to Lolly Jane to get entered to win one of the amazing prizes up for grabs this week!
Thanks so much for stopping by, everyone!
Skip to My Lou
Home Stories A to Z
Serenity Now
Tatertots and Jello
Oopsey Daisy
Creations by Kara
Every Creative Endeavor
Lolly Jane
Lil Luna
Flamingo Toes

, ,

32 Responses to Donut Bunny Pops (Easter Creative Carousel!)

1. Jocelyn April 2, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

Those are absolutely adorable…and I have to say the ears are my favorite too! Love that you “painted” the color on the them too!!!

2. Kara April 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

Amy, these are just darling! Such a great idea to use the marshmallows that are already flat rather then trying to cut big ones. You are a genius my friend!

3. sip-n-wear April 2, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

yum yum yum!

4. LeighAnn April 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

So cute! Cute enough to eat!

5. Kellie April 2, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

Too Cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

6. Alison @ Oopsey Daisy April 2, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

Super, super cute Amy!!

7. HoosierHomemade April 2, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

Simply adorable! The Creative Carousel sounds like a fun group!
    Happy Easter Amy!
    ~Liz

8. Stef April 2, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

Those are absolute genius, Amy! My girls will go crazy for those – adding them to my to-do list!!

9. Lisa @ Flour Me With Love April 2, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

These are too cute! I’d love for you to share them at Mix it up Monday:

I hope to see you soon :)

10. mellywoods5 April 2, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

Very Cute!

11. S. Chance April 3, 2012 at 2:37 am #

So cute!!!
    Thanks for sharing, I may have to try this idea with my kids :)

12. A To Zebra Celebrations April 3, 2012 at 4:49 am #

You amaze me!!! so creative and they look super yummy! :)

13. Brian, Michelle, Teagan and Isla April 3, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

These are so cute and I want to make them for our toddler Easter play date as favors! My three year old, Teagan just thought they were the coolest looking at your pictures!!

Would love if you would link these up to our linky party going on now!

Happy Easter! Michelle
    P.S. Pinned this!

14. Maria April 4, 2012 at 12:22 am #

These are just too cute!!!! Love the idea, thanks for posting how to make them!!!! Very cute!!!!!

15. Michelle April 4, 2012 at 5:52 am #

I have seen the donut snowmen…but never cute bunnies. I love these! Wish my son’s Easter party at school was not tomorrow morning or I would make some!

16. Sue April 4, 2012 at 6:01 am #

Your pops are DARLING!

17. Alison @ Oopsey Daisy April 4, 2012 at 6:32 am #

I absolutely adore these Amy!!

18. Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft April 7, 2012 at 1:59 am #

LOVE! I’m pinning this. I’d love for you to link this project up at Do Something Crafty: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/04/do-something-crafty-34/

19. I♥naptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes April 7, 2012 at 5:18 am #

These are SO cute!! You are so creative girl! Will I see you at SNAP?! I hope so! XOXO

20. Simple Simon & Co April 8, 2012 at 4:11 am #

What a darling project and the photos are so stinking cute!
    liZ

21. Rosa Marie March 8, 2013 at 9:07 am #

I LOVE THIS SIMPLY ADORABLE!!!! BUTTTTTTTT where and what kind of candy do I get for the nose?? Don`t think I have seen just Pink candies or is it Jelly Beans ?

Bunny Hugs,
    Rosa Marie

• Amy @ Positively Splendid March 8, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

Hi, Rosa Marie! The noses are pink jelly beans. Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

• Rosa Marie March 8, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

Thank you, I didn`t know you could buy just pink ones. But I know I can buy the others and pick the pink ones out. ºÜº

22. Jan Patterson March 18, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

Love the bunnies. I would use dry spaghetti to attach the ears. That way, if a child bites into them, they won’t be injured.

• Amy @ Positively Splendid March 19, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

The dried spaghetti noodles are so smart! Thanks for sharing your idea.

23. Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom March 22, 2013 at 9:56 am #

ok, these are the cutest bunny donut pops ever! Love this idea!

24. Pam Dick March 22, 2013 at 8:45 pm #

Love this. My son would much rather eat a donut than a cake pop. I used those skinny pretzel sticks to attach the ears -worked great. And thanks for introducing me to those square marshmallows, love them.

25. Hillary April 14, 2014 at 1:31 am #

Just made these for my daughter’s kindergarten class & they’re adorable!!! Thanks so much for the great idea & beautiful tutorial!

1. {Easter Edibles} Bunny Pops by Positively Splendid - Sweet Peach Paperie - March 6, 2013

[...] How adorable are these Easter Bunny Pops!  The best part is that they are really easy to make!! For the full tutorial, visit Positively Splendid.com! [...]

2. Easter Sticky Resurrection Buns | Positively Splendid {Crafts, Sewing, Recipes and Home Decor} - April 15, 2014

[…] Bunny Pops […]