I have a weakness for snacks that combine sweet and salty flavors! This candied honey-adobo popcorn is a savory-sweet treat with a hint of spiciness, and it is the perfect snack to serve at a big game, or even to package up as a unique gift. I will go on record that this is honestly the best snack recipe I have ever made, and I think you’ll feel the same way after your very first bite!
- 5 slices chopped, cooked bacon
- 10 cups prepared popcorn (see note below)
- 4-5 whole chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Place prepared bacon in the freezer for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place chiles, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, honey and lime juice in a food process, and process until mixture is smooth and frothy. Transfer to a microwave-safe dish and heat on high until mixture boils, stirring after every minute, for about 2 minutes total. Stir in bacon and season with salt, if desired.
- Place popped corn in a very large bowl, and pour prepared sauce over, stirring well to coat. Transfer popcorn to a greased roasting pan. Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow mixture to cool completely before placing in an air-tight container for storage.
Looking for even more spicy treats? Check out these yummy recipes!