Sometimes the simplest projects can yield some impressive impact, and today’s quick and easy DIY fall decor project is certainly one of those! These DIY gilded pumpkins require just three supplies and about a half hour or so from start to finish, and they are sure to add a touch of glamour to all of your fall decorations.
This post contains affiliate links.
For this project, you will need…
- White craft pumpkins in a variety of sizes and shapes
- Gold liquid gilding
- Paint brush
- Push pins (optional, but recommended)
Tip: Be sure to cover your work surface before beginning to ensure any of the gilding that might spill/spatter as you create! I recommend using freezer paper for this, since the wax coating prevents anything from seeping through.
- Wipe the surface of the pumpkins clean with a cloth to remove any lint or other debris.
- Paint the desired designs with the liquid gilding onto the surface of the pumpkins. Pro Tip: Make sure not to overfill the brush with the liquid, as it is very thin and tends to drip when over-applied.
- Allow paint to dry completely. Pro Tip: Push four thumb tacks around the bottom of each one to create a “stand” to elevate the pumpkins slightly as they dry and prevent them from sticking to the surface.
Just three steps is all it takes to create beautiful gilded pumpkins that are perfect for adding to centerpieces, displaying on a mantel and so much more!
For my pumpkins, I painted vertical and horizontal stripes, but you could also create polka dots, herringbone, harlequin or any other design that fits your own style. There are tons of possibilities!
The liquid gilding really imparts a beautiful shine to these pumpkins that makes them look like they belong in a high-end boutique. I love that these are neutral enough to display throughout the fall season!
Before you go, be sure to check out these other inspiring fall craft ideas!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.