Summer months call for entertaining, and having a few terrific recipes to serve at cookouts is a must. With many friends now following a gluten-free diet, I decided to develop a yummy new recipe just for them to serve at upcoming gatherings. This Asian quinoa pasta salad uses quinoa pasta instead of traditional semolina, resulting in a pasta salad that is not only delicious, but also packed with loads of good-for-you protein, fiber and antioxidants. Even if you don’t follow a gluten-free diet, you are sure to love this recipe!
Asian Quinoa Pasta Salad
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 6 scallions chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 pound quinoa pasta corkscrews cooked according to the package instructions and rinsed under cold water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- In a large bowl, combine the red bell pepper, scallions, tomatoes and pasta. Set aside.
- In a Mason jar, combine the vinegar and next 7 ingredients. With the lid on, shake well until thoroughly combined and emulsified. Pour preparing dressing over the pasta mixture, and toss gently to coat. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
If desired, 1 pound of regular corkscrew pasta can be substituted for the quinoa pasta.
This has become one of my favorite side dishes to serve alongside grilled chicken or fish, but it would honestly be delicious served as a light main dish completely on its own!
Looking for even more yummy cookout-worthy recipes? Check out these other delicious ideas:
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.