This chocolate eclair cake has a creamy vanilla filling layered between graham crackers and topped with chocolate frosting. A chocolate eclair in cake form!
Having a yummy go-to dessert to take along to potlucks and parties is a must for any cook. Over time, I’ve found that some of the easiest dessert are definitely the yummiest! This delicious eclair cake is made with rich vanilla filling layered between graham crackers and topped with rich chocolate frosting. It really does taste like a chocolate eclair in cake form! Continue reading to grab the delicious recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Sometimes I’m in the mood to make something out of the ordinary for dessert, but during our usual weeknight routine, I don’t have a lot of extra time on my hands to do so. If you ever find yourself in the same boat, this dessert here might be just the ticket! I love rich chocolate eclairs, and this recipe is one that combines all of those delicious flavors in a quick-and-easy fashion. Be forewarned, though: if you want a serving for yourself, act quickly, because this is one dish that won’t last long!
The first time I had this chocolate eclair cake was during a visit to my great grandparents’ house. My great grandma has been making this delicious and easy dessert for years, and this is my version of her recipe.
Irresistible Chocolate Eclair Cake
Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 3.4- ounce packages French vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 8- ounce container Cool Whip thawed
- 1 can store-bought chocolate frosting
- Graham crackers
- In a large bowl (or an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment), cream together the sweetened condensed milk and the cream cheese. In a separate bowl, combine the pudding and milk; whisk well. Working quickly, before the pudding has a chance to set, pour the pudding mixture into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture, and mix well to combine. Gently fold in the Cool Whip by hand.
- Spray a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick spray. Place a single layer of graham crackers (leave the graham cracker sheets intact; no need to break them apart) on the bottom of the pan, and then spread a layer of half of the pudding mixture over the crackers. Add another graham cracker layer, and cover with the remaining pudding mixture before placing one final graham cracker layer on top. Refrigerate for 30 minutesr, until firm.
- Place frosting in the microwave (make sure you have removed all of the foil liner first!) and, working in 8- to 10-second increments, cook the frosting to soften it, stirring after each increment. It should take approximately three increments to achieve the desired pourable consistency. Pour the frosting over the top graham cracker layer, and use a metal spatula to carefully spread the frosting over the entire top surface of the dessert to the edges of the pan. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
This eclair cake is cool, creamy and so incredibly delicious. I love to take it along to summer parties and cookouts!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.