This time of year, our family grills out the majority of evenings, and I am always looking for ways to incorporate leftover grilled fare into our nightly dinner routine. Today I am sharing one of our family’s favorite ways to use up delicious leftover grilled chicken and corn: loaded blue corn nachos. From start to finish, this entire meal takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, and it is incredibly healthy and delicious! And the best part is that you can tailor this recipe to include items you have on hand, making it a terrific meal to prepare when you need to use up ingredients from your pantry and fridge. Read on to grab the recipe!
Loaded Blue Corn Nachos
- 1 bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 2 cups chopped grilled or roasted chicken
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 ears of grilled corn cut from cob OR 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 4-5 small sweet red and yellow peppers sliced OR 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Chopped scallions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Chopped avocado
- Lime wedges
- Spray a large roasting pan with non-stick spray. Add the chips, and then top evenly with the refried beans. Layer on the chicken, cheese, corn and peppers. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until ingredients are heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish with your choice of toppings before serving.
No chicken on hand? This recipe is equally delicious with chopped pork or beef.
We like to serve these buffet-style with all of the fresh toppings in fun serving bowls. My favorite garnishes: lots of cilantro, a bit of salsa, and a generous squeeze of lime!
No grilled chicken on hand, but wanting to give this recipe a try? My chopped cooked chicken recipe works beautifully here!
And if you’re looking for more Southwest-inspired ideas, I’ve got you covered there, too!
Thanks so much for stopping in!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.