It’s a truly beautiful thing when you can find a recipe that pleases not only the grown-up palates at the table, but also the little ones, too. These crispy oven-friend chicken dippers with pesto-yogurt dip are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike, and because they are so easy to make, they are a perfect recipe for busy weeknights. This dish is one of our family’s go-to’s, and after you give it a try, I have a feeling it might become one of yours! Read on for the full recipe.
Oven-Friend Chicken Dippers with Pesto-Yogurt Dip
- For the chicken
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups panko Japanese-style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders
For the dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- In a shallow dish (a pie plate works well), whisk together the melted butter, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and soy sauce.
- In another shallow dish, combine the panko and next 6 ingredients, stirring well to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the butter mixture, and then coat generously with the breadcrumbs. Place prepared pieces on a greased baking sheet, and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is browned and cooked through, flipping each piece over after the first 15 minutes of baking.
- While chicken bakes, prepare the dip. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt and pesto. Stir well to combine.
- Serve the chicken dippers with the yogurt dip, along with some farfalle pasta tossed with pesto and green peas. Enjoy!
This is a terrific recipe to make with kids!
My oldest sons loves to help me prepare this recipe, and it is so straightforward that he is very near being able to prepare this entirely on his own. We serve these dippers with farfalle pasta tossed with pesto as well as green peas. There are rarely any leftovers!
The secret to achieving the satisfying crunch crust on these dippers is using panko (Japanese-style toasted breadcrumbs) instead of traditional breadcrumbs.
The pesto-yogurt dip is packed with calcium and healthy protein. We love to eat it with fresh veggies and pita chips, too!
Looking for a yummy pesto recipe to use for the dip? I always make a batch of my sun-dried tomato pesto, although store-bought works beautifully on those nights when I don’t have a minute to spare.
If you are wanting to add a few more easy weeknight dinner recipes to your repertoire, don’t miss these other yummy favorites!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.
Yummy!! I love quick, easy, healthy meals. This is perfect!! Thanks for the recipe!!