Wreaths are a great way to decorate for any holiday or season, and this patriotic tulle wreath is the perfect project to make to add a pop of patriotic flare to your decor for July 4th, Memorial Day and more! This project is simple to make and inexpensive, and the finished result is a wreath you’ll be proud to hang on your front porch or anywhere in your home. Continue reading for the details for how to make a patriotic tulle wreath of your own!
This post contains affiliate links for products you might find helpful when completing this project.
Patriotic Tulle Wreath Supplies
- Metal wreath frame (mine is 18 inches, but any size will do)
- 6-inch wide red, white and blue tulle – 1 20-yard roll of each
- 6-inch square cardboard piece
- Sewing shears
- Star embellishments (I found mine at Michaels with the July 4th decor)
- Hot glue
For a detailed photo tutorial for the basic process for making a tulle wreath like this one, please refer to my Tulle Wreath Tutorial, which has a great photo guide to help you along the way!
- Wrap the tulle around the cardboard square, starting at one end and wrapping until you reach the end of the roll. Trim each of the folded ends of the rolled tulle with shears to form a stack of squares. Repeat to create a stack of squares with all three tulle colors.
- Gather a square of the blue tulle together, and fold the tube in half. Attach the piece to the ring of the metal wreath using a slipknot. Continue adding blue pieces in this fashion to cover 1/3 of the wreath.
- When the blue section is complete, add alternating sections of red and white tulle using the same slipknot technique. Continue until you have covered the entire circumference of the wreath with tulle.
- To finish, use hot glue to affix the star embellishments over the blue section of the wreath.
Check out the video tutorial below for a handy demonstration of this project in action!
Your Patriotic Tulle Wreath is complete!
Looking for even more fun patriotic project inspiration? Check out these other ideas!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.