Each Tuesday and Thursday throughout November and December, I’ve invited some of my favorite friends over to share some of their favorite holiday-inspired ideas in the 2013 Swell Noël series. For a complete guide of all of the projects shared throughout the series, be sure to follow the Swell Noël 2013 Pinterest board, and check out the […]
Archive | Outdoor and Garden RSS feed for this section
Decorating outdoor spaces, including porches, patios and more, is a great way to add a touch of seasonal flair to your home. Fall is a perfect time to showcase an abundance of rich, vibrant color in your outdoor decorating, with pumpkins, gourds, mums and other natural elements that are readily available during the autumn season. […]
Add a touch of creativity to your outdoor fall decor this year by creating a stacked pumpkin planter to display your favorite seasonal autumn flowers. This is a project that makes an impressive impact in your outdoor spaces, but it is easy enough to be completed in just a matter of minutes. Let me show […]
When decorating outdoor spaces, many overlook a perfect blank slate for adding a splash of style: the walls! Today I’m sharing how to make quick and easy outdoor wall decor with empty frames and a roll of decorative moss. Let me show you how easily it’s done! For this project, you will need… Rolled […]
Nothing can enhance a home’s curb appeal more quickly than a colorful container garden, and I especially love to add character to our front porch with hanging baskets. Pre-planted hanging baskets can be very affordable, but the problem with many of them is that they lack pizzazz. Today I’m sharing a super quick, super easy […]
Turn a pre-made wood planter into something special with chic mosaic tile to grow anything from herbs to seasonal flowers. PS contributor Megan from The Homes I Have Made is here today to show us exactly how this DIY outdoor planter is done! These would make marvelous gifts for teachers, moms, friends and more! Hello […]
With Earth Day just around the corner and spring in full swing, now is the perfect time to think about planting a garden to enjoy throughout the warm months. Today’s green craft, inspired by the Michaels ReLove campaign, is a great way to reuse something that would otherwise be discarded–empty soda cans–by turning them into […]
Do you have some clay pots that have seen better days? Update them with your favorite fabric and some Outdoor Mod Podge! This is the perfect spring craft to complete this weekend, and it would make a terrific gift for any occasion under the sun: Mothers’ Day, teacher appreciation, or even housewarming. Let me show […]
One thing that has always been on my heart is to try to use blogging to make this world a bit more beautiful. And not just in the most obvious ways, as in decorating my home or making something pretty for my children to wear. To be able to touch lives on a daily basis […]
To say that I love fall is putting is mildly. I don’t just love it. I adore it. And there are few ways I love to outfit my home in fall style more than by making an autumnal statement on our front porch. With just a few simple, inexpensive items, I can completely transform the […]
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Coconut Banana Pancakes with Cinnamon Honey Butter August 13, 2014
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...
- Shelly: I'm just now reading this, How fun!! I know the c...