Stitch up a sweet apple softie to give as a gift to a teacher or simply to use as festive fall decor. Using my free sewing pattern and tutorial, these little guys are as easy as (apple) pie to make! Read on for all the details.
Tag Archives | Patterns
For me, there are few things more gratifying than sitting down to stitch up a new outfit for my children, and when it comes to my girls, one of my favorite things to sew are pillowcase dresses and tops. These dresses and tops can be made easily from start to finish in the span of an afternoon, and […]
Add a patriotic pop of color to your home by stitching up a fun color block pillow in red, white and blue! Even for beginners, this is a simple, straightforward sewing project that can easily be accomplished in a short amount of time and with minimal fabric. I have provided a printable PDF tutorial to […]
Chances are, if you have a smart phone, you’ve found yourself at one point or another struggling to find a safe place to charge it. When staying in hotels or others’ homes (or in dorm rooms for college students), it can be a challenge to find an outlet next to a raised surface, so phones can […]
Stitch up a sweet little Easter bunny softie to tuck into the Easter basket of a special child, or to use as a darling addition to your home’s spring decor. Today, I’m sharing the inspiration behind these little cuties, as well as the free pattern and step-by-step tutorial for how to create them. Would you […]
One of my favorite parts about the holidays is planning and preparing festive meals for friends and family. I love to set a festive holiday table that is inviting for our guests, and the cutlery stockings I’m sharing today are a terrific way to add some fun to any place setting! These are also perfect […]
With holiday gift-giving time just around the corner, now is the time to craft thoughtful handmade gifts. Travel jewelry cases would make a terrific gift for any of the ladies on your list, and with my complete step-by-step tutorial and free PDF pattern, they can be stitched in no time! These would be a perfect […]
Among my immensely talented blogging friends, Lindsay from The Cottage Home and The Cottage Mama Sewing Patterns is particularly near to my heart. She and I started blogging almost precisely at the same time. We both have incredibly talented mamas who have gifted us with a profound love of creating things with our own hands. […]
Believe it or not, it is incredibly easy to make your own plush toys. Regardless of whether you call them stuffed animals or softies, with just a few fabric scraps and a minimal investment of time, you can sew a special gift for a child in your life that is sure to become a new […]
With four children ages 7 and younger, there has been a lot of Dora the Explorer played in our home over the course of the last few years! Last Halloween, my younger daughter decided she wanted to go as Dora, and in putting together an inexpensive DIY costume for her, I made a cute Dora […]
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...