Bring the beauty of fall leaves indoors by sewing a vibrant fall leaf pillow. This is a project that will make a big statement in your home’s decor, but because it utilizes a ready-made, easy-to-find felt leaf cutout, it can be made in just a matter of minutes! Let me show you how it’s done.
Tag Archives | Pillows
Bring a touch of fall into your home with an appliqued fall leaf pillow. Created simply with fabric scraps and a few basic supplies, this is an afternoon sewing project that can be tailored to any color scheme. Let me show you how easily it comes together.
Are you familiar with marine vinyl? If not, allow me to introduce you to my favorite sewing secret! Marine vinyl is a great way to add a professional touch to any applique project, as it adds a layer of terrific dimension to pillows, wearable accessories and more. Let me show you how I used marine […]
Learning how to sew a throw pillow is one area where true home decor savings can be accomplished, proving that some of the simplest sewing projects can turn out to be the most cost effective. Take, for instance, a set of handmade throw pillows. Using the latest styles and color palettes, a set of throw pillows […]
If you ever have wanted to make a pillow but have been intimidated by the hand stitching involved, today’s tutorial for how to hand stitch a blind stitch (sometimes referred to as a ladder stitch) will be invaluable to you! This hand-sewing technique really is very simple to execute, and with a bit of practice, […]
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, now is the time to round up some fun craft ideas for the day of love and get to work. Today’s free sewing pattern will enable you to make two fun valentine projects: a heart pocket pillow and a heart-shaped treat bag. Either one is sure to be […]
Today’s Swell Noël post features a darling pillow idea from the ever-talented Bev of Flamingo Toes. New to the series? Catch up on all of the projects from the series by visiting the photo guide of all of the ideas shared by the talented Swell Noël contributors, and follow along as things happen on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest […]
I am the type of person who tends to fall in love with a particular supply and then stick with it over and over again. Case in point: these fun felt spiderwebs that I picked up at the dollar store. You might remember that I used them in my Halloween mantel. I loved the whimsical […]
The front porch is continuing to come along quite nicely! So far, I’ve shared my tiered planter and the floating citronella candles I put together for the space, and today I’m sharing the monogram pillows I created this weekend that will sit happily on each of the porch’s wooden rocking chairs.Some of you might remember […]
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...