My dad died on Saturday. It still seems surreal to say that, pointing it out as such a straightforward fact. On Friday, Dad was with us. On Saturday morning, he no longer was. And now, here I sit, finding myself suddenly fatherless at 34 years old. I have kept the progression of my dad’s illness […]
Each year around this time, after spring break but before school lets out for the summer, I always get the itch to do some spring cleaning around my home. No doubt that raising kids is a messy business, as my walls, appliances and just about every surface in my home can attest! In addition to the […]
Every mom deserves an abundance of pampering on Mother’s Day, and if you are looking for the perfect way to make her feel extra special, there is no better way than with a luxurious breakfast in bed! Today, I’ve teamed up with the Michaels Makers team to create a lovely DIY breakfast tray that is perfect […]
With every holiday, I love to make yummy, fun treats to enjoy with my kids, and Easter is such a fun time to grab our aprons and bowls and spend some time together in the kitchen. Without a doubt, one of my absolute favorite things to make for any holiday are Rice Krispies® treats. This year, […]
March is National Crafting Month, but I am a firm believer that every single month of the year can benefit from some hands-on creative therapy! Getting together with good friends to make something fun, laugh a lot, and make a bit (or a lot!) of a mess is always such a great way to connect, […]
I am always on the lookout for fun Easter basket filler ideas. These darling jelly bean carrot treat bags are incredibly easy to make (even at the last minute!), and they are sure to be a hit with children of all ages. Perfect for tucking into baskets, these would also be perfect party favors for any […]
Warmer weather always makes me want to dress up my front door in spring style. Today, I’m sharing a fun DIY wreath project for spring that is brimming with beautiful botanical elements I found in the Michaels Floral Market. This project took me 30 minutes from start to finish, and the completed wreath makes a […]
It couldn’t possibly be more appropriate that February is National Chocolate-Lovers’ Month, and my kids and I can’t wait to whip up a sweet, chocolate-y treat to celebrate. This Rocky Road Blondie recipe is absolutely heavenly: each square of this bar cookie features a rich, caramel-flavored cookie layer topped with chocolate chips, almonds and rich toasted […]
Each year this time, I get the itch to get my creative space back in order! Today, I’m teaming up with the brand-new Plaid Creators team to share the update I made to my all-time favorite craft storage idea: my DIY pegboard craft organizer. With just a bit of paint, it’s amazing how this organizer […]
In the last 12+ years that my husband and I have been married, we have moved our fair share of times through our fair share of states. It’s been quite the adventure! For this month’s Michael’s Makers challenge, we Makers were given the assignment to put a personal, creative spin on any project of our […]
Never miss a great idea!
Subscribe for free to have PS delivered straight to your inbox.
- For Dad. April 25, 2016
- Craft Storage Center from an Old Hutch! May 26, 2016
- Turtle Swirl Ice Cream Cake Recipe #SweetMemoriesGiveaway April 29, 2016
- Strawberry Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze #HugtheMess May 3, 2016
- Cream Cheese Strawberry Banana Bread May 17, 2016
- DIY Barnwood Crate Flower Centerpiece #plaidcreators June 21, 2016
- DIY Patriotic Wreath June 14, 2016
- DIY Photo Magnets + Printable Gift Tags June 9, 2016
- How to Make a Burlap Wreath June 7, 2016
- Pop Party Favor Idea with Free Printables #MichaelsMakers June 1, 2016
- Crystal: OMG!!! I love this!!! So super cute and so organiz...
- Mary: Your dad is painting with the angels now. The nex...
- Farida: Your words are so beautiful! Your dad would be pro...
- Amy @ Positively Splendid: Thanks so much for stopping in!...
- Amy @ Positively Splendid: It really works wonders on those hard water stains...