For me, there are few things more gratifying than sitting down to stitch up a new outfit for my children, and when it comes to my girls, one of my favorite things to sew are pillowcase dresses and tops. These dresses and tops can be made easily from start to finish in the span of an afternoon, and […]
Tag Archives | Children
With four young children, November around here is prime holiday photo-taking time. Over the years, I have found the secret to capturing the best holiday photos of kids can be boiled down to a few simple tips. Regardless of whether you are an experienced photographer or if you are a photography novice just wanting to […]
With back-to-school time here, I decided to go the handmade route instead of buying all of my daughter’s outfits for school this year. This was the first time for me to sit down at my machine since moving into our new home, and it was so gratifying to make three outfits for her that she […]
Commemorate the milestones of each year by having children sit down at the beginning and end of the school year to fill out fun interview questionnaires. These first and final day of school interviews can be tucked away in a special place to be cherished once precious school days have come and gone. Today, I’m […]
Today’s idea from PS contributor Janel from NellieBellie is an Easter craft that combines fun with learning: an Easter egg color matching game! So clever! Hello!! Janel here from NellieBellie. I’m here to share with you a fun Easter craft that is easy to make and your kids will love! This Easter egg matching game will […]
With four small children, I am always on the lookout for ways to make the holidays special with hands-on seasonal activities. The winter months are the perfect time to cozy up at the kitchen table and make something with our own hands! After the Thanksgiving turkey was eaten and the excitement of football games had […]
I try very hard each year to ensure Thanksgiving doesn’t become somewhat of a speed bump between Halloween and Christmas. It is such a marvelous, meaningful holiday, and I think it deserves plenty of attention in its own right! I always make cute outfits for my girls to wear for holidays throughout the year, and […]
As a parent, the first day of school is always emotional for me. I am simultaneously so proud of the little people my children are becoming, but also wistful at how quickly the years seem to pass! Because I never want to forget the little things about them that I hold so dear today, this […]
Next week marks the beginning of spring break for us, and any mom knows the key to successful (and sane!) break for all is to come up with activities that will keep kids happily entertained. Today I thought I’d share an idea I came up with last summer that would be perfect for an afternoon […]
Do you ever find yourself bitten by the organizing bug? Now that things are cruising along beautifully with my new hallway “mudroom” command center, I am finding myself wanting to reclaim more and more of our home from the clutter.With the magnetic board I created for my hallway project, I no longer have to count […]
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Coconut Banana Pancakes with Cinnamon Honey Butter August 13, 2014
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...
- Shelly: I'm just now reading this, How fun!! I know the c...