This time of year, our family grills out the majority of evenings, and I am always looking for ways to incorporate leftover grilled fare into our nightly dinner routine. Today I am sharing one of our family’s favorite ways to use up delicious leftover grilled chicken and corn: loaded blue corn nachos. From start to […]
Archive | Appetizers and Salads RSS feed for this section
Add a whimsical touch to your next summer gathering by serving adorable flip flop mini sandwiches. These are as easy as can be to make and a great idea for making with and serving to kids. Read on for all the details!
Summer months call for entertaining, and having a few terrific recipes to serve at cookouts is a must. With many friends now following a gluten-free diet, I decided to develop a yummy new recipe just for them to serve at upcoming gatherings. This Asian quinoa pasta salad uses quinoa pasta instead of traditional semolina, resulting […]
Thank you to Alpine Lace for sponsoring this post and helping me find a balanced snack to fuel my day! Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite easy and healthy snack recipes. Paired with Alpine Lace Deli Cheese, my roasted red pepper and artichoke tapenade is a knockout dolloped onto crisp bruchetta, and each one of these little snacks […]
With spring strawberries making their annual debut, I am always looking for new, delicious ways to enjoy them. Pies, cakes, and other sweet items are obvious ways to use strawberries, but I also like to incorporate them into my savory dishes, too. This Asian strawberry spinach salad is a fresh, delicious lunch or light dinner, […]
I have a weakness for snacks that combine sweet and salty flavors! This candied honey-adobo popcorn is a savory-sweet treat with a hint of spiciness, and it is the perfect snack to serve at a big game, or even to package up as a unique gift. I will go on record that this is honestly […]
Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout November and December, some of my favorite blogging friends have stopped by Positively Splendid to share some of their best holiday ideas in the third annual Swell Noël series. You can stay up-to-date on all of the fantastic ideas shared throughout the series by following the Swell Noël 2013 Pinterest board, and also […]
My best busy weeknight dinner tip? Use pre-prepped ingredients to make supper preparation a snap! My Easy Southwestern Steak Salad uses steak you can reserve from weekend grilling and just a few other simple ingredients. This entire recipe can be made from start to finish in less than half an hour!
Surprise guests at your next barbecue or gathering by serving a side dish that is completely unexpected! My tabbouleh salad recipe combines the best flavors of summer, and it is the perfect fare for an outdoor party, as it doesn’t have to be kept chilled. Lively lemon and mint combine with peppery parsley to create […]
Stay energized for all of your summer activities with an easy and delicious salad recipe that features the goodness of greens and the protein power of quinoa. Details today are presented by Carrie of Worth Pinning. Summer has finally hit the high Rockies! I don’t know about you, but I tend to back away from […]
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- DIY Fabric Phone Charging Station June 4, 2014
- 20 Fun, Free Road Trip Printables #HPFamilyTime June 7, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- How to Make Barefoot Sandals (Kids’ Craft Idea) July 21, 2014
- DIY Ladder Photo Display #3MDIY July 17, 2014
- Burlap and Cork Monogram Craft #MichaelsMakers July 15, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Decoden Sea Shell Ornaments July 9, 2014
- Michelle: I am so sorry I missed this...will you all be doin...
- Crystal: What a great idea!! I love how easy it is to chang...
- Crystal: I wish I knew how to sew because I would come up t...
- Natasha J: my husband just said today he wanted to disply fam...
- Heather Haugen: I always have a ton of pictures of my kids I want ...