Nothing can give a sweeter, more homespun feel to a sewing project better than appliqué, and if you think doing professional, high-quality appliqué requires a fancy, expensive sewing machine, think again! Requiring just a few small scraps of fabric, my fox appliqué design can be added to wearable items, home decor items and more, and […]
Tag Archives | Baby
Today’s sewing tutorial from PS contributor Jessica of Sunny Tuesday is great for those looking for a simple, cozy gift for a new baby in your life. Can I make one in my size, too? *** Hello, hello! This simple boutique lovey is one of my favorite gifts to make and babies love it, too! […]
Have y’all heard yet about the super fun contest being held right now by Jo-Ann? Jo-Ann’s Simply for Baby video contest is encouraging you to show off all of your handmade baby items for a chance to win a $500 Jo-Ann Gift card (woo-hoo!!) plus a prize package of fun baby goodies from their Babyville […]
After sharing all about George’s nursery last month, I neglected to post about the little side table next to the upholstered rocker. Thank you so much to the reader who reminded me to do so by sending an email asking about this piece!I mentioned before how my goal in planning the nursery was to use […]
Oh my goodness. Have you ever worked on something for so long that it feels like it’s become a part of you? For months now, the lion’s share of my DIY endeavors have been done for George’s sweet little nursery, a space that I could not be more proud or fond of! This room is every […]
Completely by accident, I found myself gravitating toward a bee theme in the nursery. My inspiration came from the fact that we didn’t know what baby George was going to “bee” until the day of his arrival, and I thought a bee motif would work regardless of whether the baby turned out to be a boy […]
In my opinion, it’s the little touches that take a sewing project from ho-hum to fabulous, and there are few things that can accomplish that effect quite as dynamically as adding piping, and especially custom piping made to match your project to a tee. Just recently I used piping in the bumpers I […]
I absolutely love the look of the stacked colorful frames in funky shapes that have become so popular lately. I have had in mind to find and/or make some frames like these to hang on either side of the framed chalkboard in the nursery, and while perusing Pinterest, I saw a pin that suggested buying […]
There are certain songs that take me back to my childhood the moment that I hear the very first notes. The printables I am sharing today are an homage to one of these!I wanted something meaningful to round out the wall decor in George’s sweet nursery, and as I was pondering what theme to use, […]
Throughout this week, I’ve been sharing the fabric projects I completed for my new son’s nursery, starting with the crib bedding, then moving on to the custom fabric wall decals I used on the accent wall behind his crib. Now, let’s move on to today’s promised project tutorial for how I created the pennant valance […]
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...